Monday, January 6, 2014

Confirmation for Conference

I got my confirmation in the mail on Saturday for the SCBWI OK Spring Conference.  I am excited for that day. It will be a chance to mingle with other writers and as Anna (our SCBWI Regional Advisor) says, "Learn the craft." Learning for me has been ongoing since I joined SCBWI.

At the conference, our guest speakers will be:
Liza Kaplan, Editor, Philomel Books, Penguin Group
Melissa Manlove, Editor, Chronicle Books
Andrew Harwell, Editor, HarperCollins
Kristin Miller-Vincent, Agent, D4EO
Tricia Lawrence, Agent, Erin Murphy Literary

This is BIG! To actually be face to face with editors and agents and have one of them critique your work...it's an opportunity that doesn't come along everyday. We hold these people in such high esteem. Can you tell, I'm getting anxious for March to arrive?



No comments:

Post a Comment