Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gotta love dogs!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge dog lover. (Not necessarily a lover of huge dogs!) I'm sure, if you have dogs, you will have to admit that you like your dogs more than you like some people. Yep, that's me. I lost my precious Corkie the Yorkie several months ago and my heart was broken. My daughter had just rescued a dog from the shelter and he is young and energetic. He helped to fill the void in my heart. Of course, we still have Bandit, our 7 year old lab/blue heeler mix. I've shifted all my affections to him, trying to win him over. We've always had a good relationship, but Corkie was my dog and Bandit belonged to Tony.  Bandit is more spoiled than ever. He has learned to love rides in the car, daily walks, and many treats. He's still Tony's dog, but I can tell he loves me more than
before. I have been struggling with hearing loss over the past year and a half and Bandit is training to be a hearing dog for me. It's nice to watch the progression of training. He's done pretty well so far, but recently we've discovered that he may have some arthritis in his hind legs. He's on rest (how do you get a dog to rest?) for 3 weeks and then back to the doctor for a check. Hopefully, all will be fine and he will finally graduate from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment