Saturday, April 28, 2012

Story Writing Contest

On Thursday, I went back to Walnut Hill to visit with the 5th graders and announce the winner of their story writing contest. WOW! It was extremely difficult to choose a winner, but finally after reading the stories multiple times, a winner was chosen. I was amazed at the unique entries showcasing great imaginations. Some stories were funny and others thought provoking. After the winner was announced, the class asked me to read the story and so of course, I obliged. Then I was able to read a few more of the stories that were very good. And the icing on the cake, so to speak, the 5th grade teacher asked me to return next year for the incoming 5th graders and do a contest. Needless to say, I was thrilled about that!

And the winning story is:  The Magic Pen by Gabby Johnson. 


Gabby gave me permission to put her entire story on my blog.  That's coming up next!

Gabby Johnson...will we see that name on a book in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment